Thursday, December 4, 2008

I am only a Vessel. I belong to Most High & The People. I can’t/don’t seek fame...

My voice, my artistry, my creativity, my Poem, my Song, my Prose... are all gifts from the Most High. I am Her/His vessel. What I offer does not come from me; and is meant for you, you, you, you, you and you too. I know its Divine Spirit, because it comes through me like wind and leaves just as smoothly. I can only commit it to pen and paper. Its wild and beautiful and amazing and a life-altering experience. I don't fear one drop of it.

None of it is for me. Not for accolade or kudo. Not for any reward; but that of affecting lives in every way allowing growth, progress, comeuppance and so forth. So if I ever am on a worldwide, global, international stage. If any mass of people are ever that interested in anything I'm bringing ... I don't care for that Grammy, or any award thereof. Not my focus or direction...what is my sound, word, being doing for YOU?

Besides this, so many other Sisters in my cypher and world are doing their thang as Artists, and inspire my full support and advocacy for all their bringing. I see my sis, Adaora Bandele and Legacy Leonard and Chante and too many others crossing my path becoming household names. They make moves, they seek being out there and sharing as much of Self as Creatress as possible.

Me? Its just not about me. Has nothing to with me whatsoever. I just pray to inspire others to bring themselves out. I pray the Youth are inspired to not only reach for stars, but command those stars to fall to them. I pray pray pray to inspire and influence Love of all kinds. To bring folk together.

As an Artist, as an Activist... I seek to be the change I want to see in the world. To be of service to the People, is my truest calling.

bless.

No comments: