Thursday, December 4, 2008

this is how i prayed to God & our Universe for my Husband

divine mate. king. life partner. best friend. only other half. he's finding me. how i know? cuz as i prayed and ancestors & nem of the spirit world lemme know. sit still. just be still. let him come.

he will complete my path, my journey, my life, my love, my way. i know i will receive argument, flack, etc. about the idea of my man completing me and not just complementing me.... but the fact is.. this is about conjoining LIVES. entire Beings of Existence. if we were so satisfied in our lonesome, why mate (especially monogamously) at all? our beloveds must bring something major to us in order to commit as deeply and sacredly as we do. so i truthfully, widely & extreme-strongly feel. he will most def complete my cipher. and be the most paramount blessing to my innermost lovespace within. i am more than cool, okay & alright with that. (big warm feelgood smile)

this is what i said....

Infinite All/Most High/Creator
i want a man
who is there
wants to be there
who participates
in an all consuming
most inconvenient
won't live life without
each other
love
who co-writes our life story
in complete romance
who shares his love in manysmall actions
throughout the day
paying attention to detail
each day we are together
cuz its not about forever
but understanding today
is all we truly have
this second
this minute
this hour
this moment
a man who understand we are first & foremost
friends
who continuously strives
to mindfully maintain our commitment
through spiritual cultivation
& soulful nurturing
who looks deeply in my eyes
thinks with his heart
and speaks directly to mine
a man who seeks & finds
me
sleeps close in my bed
and holds me til i'm awake
onlyto gently, softly, sweetly kiss my forehead
and hand me a cup of my favorite coffee
who will see me as i am
and listen
really listen
who talks to me
communes with me
shares a bond in thinking of one another
reaching out to feel one another
closer
who mutually leads me
and is lead by me
recognising his strength is not compromised
by submission
who cares for my body
and embraces my figure (be it size 8 or 28, ha!)
because such a limited thing does not matter
not in our loving
whose chest i bury my head into
to feel good & betta
whose body i lean against i winter
standing in lines
preparing our dinner
washing dishes
browsing bookstores & libraries
whose hand holds mine
as we listen to music
watch films
or enjoy late night tv
whose face i caress during
his late night truthseeking
buried deep in knowledge & wisdom
in printed/written word
or spoken through elders on wax
as i hand him warm, sweet tea
who shares my breath of life
through luscious kissing
whenever
wherever
whatever
and makes love when the mood strikes
(sometimes quickes are even okay)
a man who prays with me
and blesses our table before we feast
who learns me to know me
sees the God in me
and embraces Her
showing me his full, raw Self
(no window dressing)
i'm not in search of a hero
warrior
saint
revolutionist
savior
artist
thinker
writer
poet
scholar
scientist
breadwinner
or a replica of Malcolm, Martin or Medgar
i want an amalgamation of infinite possibilties
a man who can go anywhere, be anything
yet knows his core and shares Him with me
who thrives in doing the best he can with all he has
and respects
he's the only other half
making me whole.....

No comments: