Thursday, December 4, 2008

for them. (my mellow, my men)

so.

i've put you in this place

expected you to take it

and for that, i am sorry

you are not a prototype

a greatness left to straddle anyones pedastal

you are not the love of my life

or any significant role in between

you are who you are meant to be

exclusively precious male principles

i am blessed to experience

and cherish

be cherished by

as i move on.

i've made you the epitome

of jill scott poetry

and isley brother songs

when really

you were only a melody i played in my head

only a fantasy to hold me until my man comes

(and he's still not here)

for all of that, i truly apologize

because you've meant more

been less frustrating

and even more less disappointing

being your own human selves

doing your best as you fight

your devils every average day

i pray for you

and the queens that love you

one day, the woman you long for

will be more than a yearning

to fill your jeans with stiffness

and for that, i am thankful

as you are so deserving.

No comments: