Thursday, December 4, 2008

auset speaks: untitled resistance

Untitled Resistance

Revolution means change
And a hero ain't nothing but a sandwich
So, Imma cease searching for a manmade messiah
Why wait for a carnal savior
When I can liberate myself?
I am my own place of power
My own plethora of wealth
Imma sister on a mission
So in our movement
I begin with self
Taking one step toward the next
In search of progress
Oh yes, this beautiful struggle is my life
So some days you may find me crying inside
Cuz we're seepin evil into our veins
No need for the tambourine man
we play the song betta than he do anyway

I wanna do all I can to heal this pain
These unspeakable blues

I gotta keep movin/blues fallin down like haze…
Because formidable minds are paying the price
For our foolishness

And why must our future die from the stale air

Of our dead end movements???

Once upon a time, our ancestors were traumatized

Our elders burglarized of their birthright

To respect & dignity/and now

We just give it away.

Need that knowledge of self determination
Need to understand
We put the hue in Hue-Man
And take our place.
Start demanding fresh foods/clean water
Air our babies can breathe
Consume only that which feeds your temple holistically
Deny falling prey to the disparity
And depression of not meeting
Insurmountable demands
Remember, this system was not built
For your success
Revolt this systemic supremacy
Later for that bullshit oppression

Sons & Daughters of the Diaspora
Brothers & Sisters of this Struggle

Each time I look into your eyes

I learn/Black is beautiful

Because we a strooooooong people

The only way WE win is walking this path together
We gotta…
Refuse anything that's unnatural
Resist unhealthy living/practice self-control
Remove anything that doesn't keep us all togetha
Yall might say its all good/but I'm tryna make it all betta.

No comments: