Tuesday, September 25, 2012

SANKOFA FLIES AGAIN AND AGAIN

I've been thinking about me & my previous college life again. I am comfortable & secure to say I was wrong. I made a mistake, I took a bad turn. Made infertile choices. I failed over & over. I also acknowledge I did much right & good in between. Some grand & great achievement happened. I like saying it just this way & feeling it. It feels good. I'm not heartbroken with where I've been or where I h
aven't. Yet, I feel the deepest heartache for every person I've disappointed in all of it. I remember my whole family coming together when I was 18 & moving on to IUB for the GROUPS program. Having my back hardcore. I remember every advisor & professor who looked at me with confused wonder, of how someone they deem with much prowess & potential won't work with it. Every fellow scholar & friend who pushed for me to raise the stakes higher. I got bottomless wells of wealth from longtime experience with higher learning, but I didn't take the fullest advantage. I know -- I was where I was when I was & it was right for me then. Losing everything led to life-changing experiences. I also see the mistakes so clear. I am grateful for ALL of it. Looking back helps me better orchestrate my present plan of action. My wisdom, knowledge & understanding increases the more I fly with Sankofa. 
 

No comments: