Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pain is a mainstay I walk/talk/breath/fight for my loving life through.

I love the beginning of Jill's song "Wanna Be Loved". I be feeling it too strong. "Don't feel no pity for me/'cause I'm going through a couple thangs/life means change/and that's just the way it goes..." For real, yo. If you gon' be sad, let's be so in our respective sorrows together. Cry. Scream. Laugh. Dance. Stomp. Throw air-punches. Be still. Sing. Be silent. Together.

I won't ever discount my Blues. They strum me something so Irie! I am overcome with omniscience. Overwhelmed with euphoric zeal. To keep on keeping on. As I learn how to navigate concrete jungles as an urban dweller riddled with a wide open heart. So succumb to my extremely delicate, tender vulnerability & sensitivity. Worldwide. Universal. I let ALL in. All the way down down down to the calloused soul of my over-wrought soles. I have battle scars on my heart. Each righteously placed by a someone I don't regret nor want to replace or forget. By a happenstance meant especially for me. Every lesson is rooted in me. I never want to lose a drop of it. Its too divine, too resplendent, too brilliant, too amazing, too awesome. Just right & absolutely perfect for me.

I won't be sad for you either. I will only walk with you. Listen to you. Share your tears. Sooth you into serenity. Its a path & journey. Let it never be discounted. Let you never miss a beat of its drum, calling a new light to rise in you.

Ase! ♥

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Queen, hey Soul Sistah. I wanted to stop by and post, if only, for now, just to say thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, emotions and struggles with us. Your words provide an overall genuine prospective on issues that many people would never dear to utter, let along embrace to beauty and the art of poetic expression to begin to try to make sense of . I am honored to grace you space and be a part of this blogspot community.

P.s I LOVE your music selection.